Shaping Technology into Solutions 

Twitter E-mail RSS
magnify
Home Topic Selecting prior foci or legacies

Selecting prior foci or legacies

Microscope Journal Forums Microscope Journal Suggestions Selecting prior foci or legacies

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ibn Abu 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ibn abu

As I understand the published rules you are supposed to be able to revisit a previous legacy or focus in a later round. And the layout of the focus and legacy screens (which show all prior foci and legacies) seems to invite this kind of selection. But the program doesn’t let me choose an old legacy at all, and when I try to choose an old focus it gives me something other than what I chose.

#7965 Reply

treymarshall

I’ll need to consider your comments further, but here’s a thought in the meantime. The intent of the Focus and Legacy screens was to be a collection of what has happened so that you can see it all in one place (and add the new one). You can “revisit” elements of a Focus or Legacy by creating adding history around those elements, in the Make History screen, beyond the round in which they were introduced (providing it’s relevant to current game play). So in this sense, it’s more of a concept of inspiration for creating history rather than a specific game mechanic. What do you think?

#8002 Reply

Ibn Abu

Your philosophy seems right to me. I was thinking in terms of game mechanics. Seems like the game is already set up to be able to select choir foci, but it doesn’t seem to work consistently. Being able to select prior selections would also facilitate making slight changes to the focus quickly. Not a huge deal, but something to consider.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Selecting prior foci or legacies
Your information: